Three days ago I started working on a post to publish up here; I threw around about a dozen ideas on how I was going to format it and finally settled on one. It was going to be pretty good too, but alas, that was three days ago and the content that I had written is no longer up to date. So the purpose of this post is really just to get some new content up, and to hopefully get the ball rolling on more consistent postings. As well as to get everyone caught up on what it is we have done the past few days. So, please, bear with me.
We arrived in Tampa on Monday around 10:30am, drove to the hotel, and lollygagged around all evening. On Tuesday, we fell into our normal routine of leaving the hotel at 8am and driving no more than two miles to Eckerd College to be taught a hobby we will, hopefully, enjoy for the rest of our lives. I know, at least for me, "learn to sail" is being scratched off my bucket list and is being replaced with "perfect your sailing ability." Because in three days I have learned the basics, but it will take a lifetime to master this incredible sport.
In short, over the past three days we have learned how to tie 6 knots, put up and pull down sails, tack, jibe, the points of sail, and the figure-eight rescue technique. Not to mention countless terms and functions for the parts that make up a keel boat. Needless to say, it has been a busy, thrilling, tiring, wonderful three days, and I expect nothing less out of the next 19.
Andrew Fisher
No comments:
Post a Comment